ASME Idea Lab 2022 for Emerging Social Entrepreneurs
Deadline: 6 June 2022
Applications are open for American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) Idea Lab 2022 for Emerging Social Entrepreneurs. The ISHOW Hardware Accelerator started as an idea nearly a decade ago and has since helped create a positive social impact around the world.
Now, they are moving upstream with the Idea Lab incubator to help budding social entrepreneurs develop and build on their impactful ideas, filling the pipeline for future ISHOW accelerator innovators, while opening pathways to new partnerships and geographies. Invited candidates to Idea Lab will participate in a period of 6-18 months of incubation, mentorship and training depending on their technical background, development stage and needs going forward.
- Idea Lab is designed to help you overcome product design/development challenges and provide the guidance, tools, and guidelines you’ll need to build an iterative prototype.
- Candidates will have access to a customized curriculum that will introduce you to the principles of sustainable and human-centered design practices.
eligibility – eligibility
- Open to Entrepreneurs, Academics, Engineers, Designers, Hobbyists, Makers and Dreamers;
- Teams and/or individuals can apply if they have a preconceived idea/idea/concept they wish to develop into a hardware-led social innovation with the intent of scaling;
- The candidate(s) must have a passion for solving urgent challenges;
- You have an innovative mindset.
- Willingness to deal with mentors;
- High proficiency in the English language;
- Commitment to entrepreneurship and start a business/social venture, and
- Desire to learn.
Applications are open on April 22 – June 6, 2022. Shortlisted candidates will be announced in July/August 2022 timeframe.
Click here to apply
For more information visit ASME Lab.