Data warehousing job market in 2022
As companies create more data, the need for workers who specialize in storage systems is growing.
Data warehousing roles are expected to grow 5% across the US from 2018 to 2028, creating 18,200 jobs across the US, according to graceful.
See below for the data warehousing job market:
data storage market
The data storage market was valued at $58.4 billion in 2021 and is expected to reach $128.94 billion by 2030, at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.2% from 2022 to 2030, according to Market Research Verification.
Geographically, the growth in the data recovery market was the biggest driver in North America, followed by Europe and the Asia Pacific region.
On the industrial front, there are several sectors that drive the demand for data storage: banking, financial services, and insurance (BFSI); He. She; Telecommunications. Government; and health care.
Types of data storage functions
A variety of roles in data engineering, data management, and information technology are associated with data warehousingto me graceful:
- Systems engineer: Design storage area network solutions, establish and supervise systems related to the production and manufacture of the company’s products, and meet the needsand creates Plan to fix any technical difficulties
- Storage engineer: Facilitates and leads data warehousing operations and planning storage strategies
- Warehousing Officer: Manages the storage platform and resolves any issues, such as security breaches, installation of storage systems, and retrieval of data and information
- Storage specialist: Manages storage infrastructure, generates reports, provides technical guidance to employees, optimizes storage infrastructure to achieve optimum results, and addresses critical issues
- Storage consultant: knows everything Taipes of available storage hardware and software, its benefits and advice for solutions
data storage education
A total of 55.5% of data storage professionals have a bachelor’s degree and 6.7% have a master’s degree, according to Zippia.
However, it is possible to achieve a store-related position through secondary education or certification alone.
Recommended bachelor’s degrees are computer science, engineering, information security, cyber security, and software development. Recommended master’s degrees are Data Science and Cloud Computing.
- Qualified professional storage management of Hitachi Vantara
- NetApp Certified Data Manager (NCDA), ONTAP
- Dell Technologies Certified Partner, Information Storage and Management v5
- HPE Master ASE: Storage Solution Architect v3.0
data warehousing business opportunities
There are thousands of data storage related jobs listed on different job sites, including:
Several major technology companies are hiring for roles related to data warehousing roles, including:
- Warehousing Software Sales Specialist
- commercial warehousing specialist
- zOS / MVS Storage Specialist
- Storage and backup consultant
- Storage before sale
- Storage Category Manager
- Front End Engineer, AWS Storage Gateway
- Storage Solutions Engineer, Energy Calculations, WWSO Storage
- Solution Architect, Storage
data storage salaries
The table below shows the estimated average annual salaries for a selection of data warehousing locations, according to glass door:
The rapidly growing field of data warehousing is creating business opportunities across the technology industry. Many specialized data storage roles focus on different stages and types of storage, from a leading storage engineer storage operations To a storage consultant Responsible for advising on solutions. Leading technology players are among the many organizations looking to take up careers in data warehousing, as companies work to better store and manage growing volumes of data.