2022 Global Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market Research Report – AI-assisted orthopedic systems come to the fore / 3D printing emerges as a game-changer with opportunity for orthopedic care
DUBLIN, Sep 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — The “Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems – Global Market Path and Analytics” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com Show.
The global market for orthopedic medical imaging systems will reach $10.6 billion by 2026
The global Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market is expected to reach USD 8.9 Billion in 2022, to a revised volume of USD 10.6 Billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 4.1% during the analysis period.
Orthopedic medical imaging systems are emerging as a popular choice for obtaining high-quality imaging in a safe, effective way to make decisions and reduce surgical requirements. The growth in the global market is driven by the increasing incidence of orthopedic diseases and the increasing number of elderly people who are at high risk of developing osteoporosis.
The market is also boosted by a rise in the incidence of bone fractures as a result of falls, accidents and sports-related injuries. Traumatic injuries remain a leading cause of death, with road injuries and falls. There are about 2.5 million cases of sports injuries to the knee annually, which require emergency care. The number is expected to increase over the coming years, creating a strong demand for orthopedic medical imaging systems.
X-ray systems, one of the sectors analyzed in the report, is expected to grow at a 3.6% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to reach US$3.6 billion by the end of the analysis period. After a comprehensive analysis of the commercial implications of the pandemic and the resulting economic crisis, the growth in the ultrasound systems sector has been readjusted to a compound annual growth rate of 4.2% for the next seven years.
This segment currently accounts for 25.9% of the orthopedic medical imaging systems market. Traditional X-ray scanning techniques still dominate the field of imaging, although most images currently produced are digital. Low cost and duration of testing are the main advantages of x-rays.
The US market size is estimated at $3.4 billion in 2022, while China is expected to reach $1.1 billion by 2026.
The market for orthopedic medical imaging systems in the United States is estimated to be approximately $3.4 billion in 2022. The country currently accounts for 38.25% of the global market share. China, the world’s second largest economy, is expected to reach an estimated market size of US$1.1 billion in 2026, exceeding a compound annual growth rate of 5.7% during the analysis period.
Other noteworthy geographic markets include Japan and Canada, both of which are expected to grow by 3% and 3.7%, respectively, during the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of approximately 3.4% while the rest of the European market (as defined in the study) will reach US$1.2 billion by the end of the analysis period.
Growth in the North American region is driven by favorable reimbursement policies and a large segment of older adults willing to undergo measures to stay active. The regional market is supported by the implementation of advanced systems across healthcare and clinical environments.
An increasing number of outpatient and inpatient surgery centers in the United States are investing in innovative systems to improve diagnosis, treatment, and patient outcomes. Many hospitals are adopting systems with integrated navigation and robotics features for high-resolution, real-time medical imaging during orthopedic surgery.
The market expansion in the Asia Pacific region can be attributed to the increased launch and adoption of advanced systems across a large number of clinical settings. The future growth of the Asia Pacific market is expected to be driven by government initiatives, adequate reimbursement, increased insurance coverage, and growth of the medical tourism industry.
The CT scanner segment will reach $2.1 billion by 2026
In the global CT Scanner segment, USA, Canada, Japan, China and Europe will have a CAGR of 4.2% for this segment. These regional markets with a combined market size of US$1.3 billion will reach a projected size of US$1.8 billion by the end of the analysis period.
China will continue to be among the fastest growing markets in this group of regional markets. Led by countries like Australia, India and South Korea, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to reach USD 236.8 million by 2026, while Latin America will expand at a CAGR of 5.3% during the analysis period.
What’s new for 2022?
- Global competitiveness and market share percentage of the main competitors
- Market presence across multiple geographies – strong / active / specialized / petty
- Online interactive peer-to-peer interactive updates
- Access to digital archives
- Free updates for a year
Main topics covered:
secondly. Executive Summary
1. Market Overview
- The impact of Covid-19 and the looming global recession
- Medical Imaging Systems Market – Introduction
- Impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market
- Covid 19 stops the movement of orthopedic patients
- Imaging Examination Volume Percentage Change in 1H 2019 vs. 1H 2020 in US Hospitals
- COVID-19 caught health systems by surprise: radiography of skeletal muscles stopped
- Market prospects and expectations
- Global Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market To Experience Strong Growth
- Angles US Orthopedic Medical Imaging Market With Adoption Of Innovative Systems
- Percentage of adults with arthritis in the United States in 2019, by sex for selected countries
- Developing regions are experiencing the fastest growth
- Increased number of hospitals and clinics injects momentum in developing regions
- X-Ray dominates the global market, MRI imaging to witness the fastest growth
- Equipment density is related to the number of shooting procedures
- Benefits of MRI vs. Other Imaging Methods
- Influential Market Insights
- Global Market Tracks
- Competitive Market Presence – Strong / Active / Specialized / Trivial for Worldwide Players in 2022 (East)
2. Focus on identifying players (total 50 tokens)
- Canon Company
- Carestream Health, Inc
- EOS photography
- Esaote SpA
- Fujifilm Holding Company
- General Electric Company
- Hitachi Medical Systems Europe Holdings AG
- Royal Philips Nevada
- Medtronic plc
- OY مخطط chart
- Shimadzu company
- Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
- Teledyne DALSA
3. Market trends and drivers
- Population aging and accompanying orthopedic disorders drive demand for medical imaging systems
- Rising healthcare spending to drive growth
- Increasing incidence of bone fractures due to osteoporosis is driving the medical imaging systems market
- Global prevalence of osteoporosis by country/region (2012 and 2022P): Number of people with osteoporosis in millions in US, EU, Japan, China and India
- Technological developments are setting the pace for the Orthopedic Medical Imaging Systems Market
- Orthopedic systems powered by artificial intelligence come to the fore
- 3D tomography is set to expand the footprint
- DR systems have emerged to replace traditional X-ray imaging systems
- 3D printing emerges as a game-changer with a quantum opportunity for orthopedic care
- Select Launches in the Orthopedic Medical Imaging Market
- Siemens Healtheners launches LUMINOS Lotus Max medical imaging system
- Konica Minolta Healthcare unveils dynamic digital radiography for bone imaging
- CurveBeam secures FDA 510(K) clearance for HiRise WBCT imaging system
- Siemens Healthineers receives FDA approval for YSIO X.pree radiographic system
- Konica Minolta PACS solution launched in the US market
4. Global market perspective
Third. Regional Market Analysis
For more information on this report, visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ave01r
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For EST office hours, call +1-917-300-0470
For US/Canada, call toll free +1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours, call +353-1-416-8900
US Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside the US): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research & Markets